Here are five free tips that will help you in your wedding videography.
1. Talk to the couple who hired you to film their wedding. Get to know them and explain your process to them. Answer any questions or concerns they may have. I believe by talking to the wedding couple you build trust and they will believe in you and your ability.
2. Ask the wedding couple for the wedding day itinerary. Nothing is worst than not being in the right place at the right time. You don’t want to miss the couple cutting the cake or their first dance. Some videographers go around the venue to get glamorous shots, but in doing so they lose track of time or they don’t have a schedule and they could easily miss some special moments that they can't recreate.
3. Make friends with the wedding photographers. Ask them how they plan on shooting the wedding and if there are any instances that (you) the videographer need to be aware of. Explain to the photographer how you plan on covering the wedding, especially where you will be during the ceremony. You don’t want to get in their shots and you definitely do not want them in yours. The couple hired both of you to do a job so play nice and get the job done.
4. When you have time, tour the venue. Locate all the best locations that will make the film stand out. By venturing out and locating special locations you can highlight what the venue has to offer. This is also a great time saver too. Wedding couples are limited on time with both you, the photographer and their guests, so this will for sure be a great way to spend your time wisely with the couple.
5. The last tip I have for you is to Relax. Wedding videography can be stressful no doubt, but if you are constantly stressed you lack concentration and creativity. During a wedding you need to be on point when you film a wedding. Moments only happen once so you need to focus on the big picture. With this in mind, you should be able to deliver a stunning wedding film for the couple.