Congratulations you are on your way to getting married. You have a list of vendors you want to hire for your special wedding day. One of those is a wedding videographer but you really do not know much about wedding videography. As a wedding videographer I have created a check list of questions that may be helpful to you when hiring your wedding videographer. I got married and when we selected our wedding videographer, we made the mistake of not asking the correct questions and we did not get a chance to view their work. Our wedding video did not turn out as I had planned. It’s my goal to make sure your wedding film doesn’t suffer the same mistakes our wedding video did. Down below are a few things you may want to ask when you’re ready to hire your wedding videographer.
1. How many years has the videographer been a videographer? Now days people who pick up a camera
for a few weeks think they are a true professional. Has the wedding videographer shot at your venues? If not, are they willing to show up early to get a feel of the venue? You will get the best video opportunities when the videographer/filmmaker knows the layout of the venue.
2. Does the videographer have any work they can show you? And if they do, do they have any samples
that are online or they can show you in person?
3. What kind of weddings has the videographer worked in the past, and do they come highly recommended? Are they known for a quick turnaround if needed? How is the quality of their work? How well do they communicate with their clients? Will the videographer shoot the wedding alone or do they have help (another videographer)?
4. Will they be renting the equipment, or do they own their own? If you hire
someone who has their own equipment they more than likely will not pass on the equipment cost to
you like those who rent equipment. Also, hiring a videographer who has their own equipment will know
their equipment very well opposed to trying to learn the new equipment on the job.
5. Is the videographer willing to meet in person or talk on the phone about wedding plans? Many couples feel more comfortable meeting the videographer who will oversee this special day.
There are many more things to consider but these top points will stir you in the right direction. Feel free
to email me any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org