1.You can spread the word about your nonprofit simply by uploading a video regarding your message, goals, and story to social media and your website. Videos can go viral, which means more exposure for you.
2. Videos can help explain your mission and needs.
3. Trustworthy messages delivered in a video helps to establish credibility. People who view videos are more likely to understand the significance of your nonprofit if they see it rather than hearing about it.
4. People are drawn to stories. Nonprofits are full of stories. You can have a video showcasing how your organization started, or who benefits from your organization. The sky is the limit for nonprofits regarding stories that can be told.
5. Video can be creative and fun. You are not only sharing your message verbally but your adding visuals. These two combinations go a long way.
6. Testimonials are a very powerful too. You can choose community members who have truly benefited from your organization. Testimonials give your organization trustworthiness. There is something very special about hearing someone rave about how they received help when they needed it.
Here are a few written testimonials I have received for producing videos for nonprofits:
" The talent and insight displayed within our organizational video is outstanding. We love how Mr. Cook was able to flawlessly connect our heart directly to the vision and mission of Breaking the Chains! We are in awe of your artistic creativity and cannot wait to work together again on future projects. GREAT JOB!"
-Debra Woods, Co-founder Breaking The Chains
"Working with Jeff was a pleasure. Being that our films took place in an elementary school setting, I appreciated his patience and ability to work well with children, and really, people of all ages. The shots he obtained were of a very high quality and led to the creation of some beautiful short films about our organization and the work we do here in the US."
-Kacie Renfro, Sponsorship Community Specialist, US Programs, Save the Children
"We hired Jeff to film and edit a promo video for our campus outreach programs, and Jeff significantly surpassed our expectations. Jeff's first draft was great, and he was quick to make little changes to improve for the final version. Jeff was very professional and a joy to work with. We would absolutely hire Jeff again, and I couldn't recommend him or his work higher."
-Josh Brahm, Right to Life of Central California
I have been working in television/media for over 17 years. My experience includes news photojournalist, editor, producer. Essentially I am a storyteller.